2019 Public Policy Conference & Business Exposition
More than 1400 attendees representing hospital management companies and health systems, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and health care supplier companies gathered recently in Washington, DC, for the Federation of American Hospitals’ 2019 Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition. The distinguished lineup of speakers included:
- Ronald Rittenmeyer, 2019 FAH Board Chairman, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Tenet Healthcare
- Joe Grogan, Assistant to the President and Director, Domestic Policy Council
Congressional and Administration Plenary Session:
- Seema Verma, Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- U.S. Representative Jodey Arrington (R-TX-19) Member, House Committee on Ways and Means, U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Representative Stephanie Murphy (D-FL-7) Member, House Committee on Ways and Means, U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) Member, Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, U.S. Senate
- U.S. Senator Tom Carper (D-DE), Member, Senate Finance Committee, U.S. Senate
- Paul Begala, Commentator, CNN
- Marc Short, Former Director of Legislative Affairs, The White House
Congressional Staff Panel with Lunch:
- Amy Hall, Staff Director, Subcommittee on Health, Committee on Ways and Means
- Tiffany Guarascio, Deputy Staff Director, Chief Health Advisor, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Virginia Heppner McMillin, Health Policy Advisor, Senate HELP Committee
Attendees had the opportunity to attend high-quality educational sessions featuring current trends and issues in the areas of National Accounts, Capital Equipment, Purchased Services, Pharmacy and Supply Chain.
During the FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition the FAH was honored to award HCA’s Milton Johnson with the FAH Mike Bromberg Lifetime Achievement Award. Milton’s long and distinguished career gained recognition as one of the most influential figures in the health care sector. The Corris Boyd Leadership Award, celebrating those who have made an outstanding contribution in fostering leadership in the healthcare industry, was awarded to Deborah Williams, Senior Director of Program Management, Premier, Inc. Ms. Williams outstanding leadership, knowledge, experience, energy, wisdom and integrity have been instrumental in promoting awareness, changing behaviors and empowering others to join the ongoing effort to address leadership and diversity in healthcare.
As always, throughout the conference, the FAH Business Exposition served as an invaluable forum for suppliers to meet face-to-face with health care purchasing decision-makers, as well as to network with both current and potential customers. The conference agenda also afforded the opportunity for suppliers to attend informative GPO Breakout sessions and schedule private business meetings with purchasing executives.
Additional information on the 2019 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition, including the list of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and suppliers who participated, as well as the educational programs and schedule of events, can be found on this website.
The 2020 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition is scheduled for March 1-3, 2020, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. Registration and conference information will be available in early Fall 2019. For further information, please contact Kerry Price at 202-624-1510 or email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Washington!