Conference Orientation Session
Sunday, March 3 | 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The program is designed to provide first-time attendees with helpful tips and expert insight, provided by both buyers and suppliers, on how to make your time spent at the conference to be both beneficial and productive to you and your company. A tour of the exposition hall will also be included in the session.
Medical Strategies International, LLC
Federation of American Hospitals
Associate Vice President of Strategic Programs
Director, National Accounts
Director, Corporate Accounts
Breaking Through as Small Business
(For suppliers with less than $75M in annual health care sales)
Sunday, March 3 | 5:15 pm – 6:45 pm
This program is for all medical companies with sales under $75 million including start up, woman, minority or veteran owned. This panel of providers and suppliers is designed to provide helpful tips on how to build and navigate successful relationships with Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) and Integrated Delivery Networks.
Medical Strategies International, LLC
Senior Director, Strategic Supplier Engagement
Senior Director, Contracts and Value Analysis
Michael D. Gray
System Vice President - Supply Chain Management
President and CEO
Expo Plenary Session
Monday, March 4, 2018
Monday, March 4 | 9:15 am – 10:45 am (Suppliers with Green Badges)
Monday, March 4 | 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm (Suppliers with Yellow Badges)
Title and Description will be available soon.
Capital Equipment Workshop
Tuesday, March 5 | 10:00 am – 11:30 am
"C-Suite Conversations on Capital Equipment"
Gain perspectives from diverse health systems on capital equipment investment. Session topics include: prioritization of funds, return on investment (ROI), annual budget vs. capital planning, changes in regulation impact.
SVP, General Manager – Healthcare & Municipal Equipment Finance
Chief Information Officer
Chief Financial Officer
HCA East Florida Division
Tuesday, March 5 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
“Managing and Overcoming the Challenges of Opioid addiction”
Opioid abuse continues to be a serious public health issue. Drug overdose deaths are the leading cause of injury death in the United States. This session will expand on the topic that we began last year and will focus on ways to manage and overcome the challenges of opioid addiction.
Vice President, Strategic Supplier Engagement
Senior Vice President
Chief Operating Officer
Fairview Pharmacy Services
Purchased Services Workshop
Tuesday, March 5 | 9:45 am – 11:15 am
"Purchased Services: A Provider’s View of Value Creation, Implementation and contract validation"
Value creation in purchased services is a topic of great interest to both providers and suppliers as this industry segment has experienced significant growth. Learn how providers and suppliers allocate resources and work together to achieve positive outcomes for their organization and their patients. The session will examine how providers effectively implement purchased services to create value and then how they measure and document value creation. Value is defined as creating better clinical outcomes, improved patient experience, and reduced overall cost.
The Mark Dixon Group, LLC
Sherman Curtis, MBA, CPSM
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Category Management
Vice President, Supply Chain
Supply Chain Workshop
Tuesday, March 5 | 1:45 pm – 3:15 pm
Let’s Get Real – Approaches to the total cost of care
- Explore factors that must be considered when developing “Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)” business models.
- Discuss best practice examples for Value-Based Purchasing (e.g. Risk Sharing, Joint/Shared Value Creation).
- Determine whether shared risk can be measured in a meaningful way required for Value-Based Purchasing agreements.
- Identify barriers to full data transparency and sharing amongst providers, GPOs and suppliers.
- Evaluate the role of the GPOs and IDNs in facilitating Value-Based Purchasing models on behalf of its members.
Joe Walsh, Founder, Supply Chain Sherpas, will moderate this thought-provoking discussion with top healthcare executives.
Hear from a leading panel of Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) experts address their role in the total cost of care in today’s healthcare environment.
- Jim Churchman, Vice President System Supply Chain, MedStar Health
- Neeta Moonka, MD, Physician Advisor, Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Susan Schrupp, Senior Vice President and Chief Purchasing Officer, Community Health Systems
After a short break, hear from experts from the leading Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs)
- David Hargraves, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain, Premier
- Todd Larkin, Senior Vice President, Contracting, Intalere
- Martin Lucenti, MD, Ph.D Senior Vice President, Product Strategy and Innovation, Vizient
- John Young, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, HealthTrust