More than 1400 attendees representing hospital management companies and health systems, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and health care supplier companies gathered recently in Washington, DC, for the Federation of American Hospitals’ 2018 Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition. The distinguished lineup of speakers included:
- Wayne T. Smith, 2018 FAH Board Chairman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Community Health Systems
- Alex M. Azar II, Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services
Congressional Plenary Session:
- U.S. Representative Peter Roskam (R-IL) Chairman of the Ways and Means Health Subcommittee
- U.S. Senator Todd Young (R-IN) Member, Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- U.S. Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA) Member, Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- U.S. Representative Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) Member, Committee on Financial Services
- Andrew Bremberg, Assistant to the President, Director of the Domestic Policy Council
- General Michael V. Hayden, Former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency
Congressional Staff Panel with Lunch:
- Charlene MacDonald, Senior Policy Advisor to the House Democratic Whip
- Joshua Trent, Deputy Chief Counsel, Health Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Matt Gallivan, Health Policy Director for Senator Bill Cassidy
Attendees had the opportunity to attend high-quality educational sessions featuring current trends and issues in the areas of National Accounts, Capital Equipment, Purchased Services, Pharmacy and Supply Chain.
During the FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition the FAH was honored to award Jerry A. McKinney, Senior VP, Material Management & Chief Purchasing Officer, Quorum Health in recognition of his leadership and many contributions to the nation’s investor-owned hospitals and appreciation for his dedicated service as Chair of the Exposition Advisory Committee. The Corris Boyd Leadership Award, celebrating those who have made an outstanding contribution in fostering leadership in the healthcare industry, was awarded to Edmond Hardin, Jr., SVP for Supply Chain Management of Beaumont Health. Mr. Hardin’s outstanding leadership, knowledge, experience, energy, wisdom and integrity have been instrumental in promoting awareness, changing behaviors and empowering others to join the ongoing effort to address leadership and diversity in healthcare.
As always, throughout the conference, the FAH Business Exposition served as an invaluable forum for suppliers to meet face-to-face with health care purchasing decision-makers, as well as to network with both current and potential customers. The conference agenda also afforded the opportunity for suppliers to attend informative GPO Breakout sessions and schedule private business meetings with purchasing executives.
Additional information on the 2018 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition, including the list of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and suppliers who participated, as well as the educational programs and schedule of events, can be found on this website.
The 2019 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition is scheduled for March 3-5, 2019, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. Registration and conference information will be available in early Fall 2018. For further information, please contact Kerry Price at 202-624-1510 or email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Washington!