August 20, 2018 | FAH Policy Blog Team
Category: FAH News
FAH and its company leaders are strongly represented on the just released 2018 “100 Most Influential People in Healthcare” list from Modern Healthcare. The annual ranking is a collaboration between the magazine’s senior editors and readers. After a nomination process, readers pick their favorites from a preliminary ballot of 300. The final rankings take into account vote totals and input from the senior editors.
Modern Healthcare has selected six FAH leaders for their 2018 list:
- #14 – Milton Johnson, Chairman and CEO, HCA, Nashville, TN
- #33 – Chip Kahn, President and CEO, Federation of American Hospitals, Washington, DC
- #38 – William Carpenter, Chairman and CEO, LifePoint Health, Brentwood, TN
- #63 – Alan Miller, Chairman and CEO, Universal Health Services, King of Prussia, PA
- #73 – Wayne Smith, Chairman and CEO, Community Health Systems, Franklin, TN
- #89 – Mark Tarr, President and CEO, Encompass Health, Birmingham, AL
Chip Kahn is one of only three people who have appeared on the list since its inception in 2003. Modern Healthcare said he “continues to be one of the hospital industry’s most prominent advocates in Washington, D.C.”
You can see the 2018 list in its entirety here.
Congratulations to all of the leaders honored this year.
- New Report Shows Impact of Rising Drug Prices and Drug Shortages on Patients and Hospitals
- FAH Leader Expresses Opposition to Ruling that Overturns 340B Medicare Regulation
- FAH, AHA Send Joint Letter to Congress on Surprise Billing
- FAH Comments on Proposed Rule Expanding Use of HRAs