August 20, 2018 | FAH Policy Blog Team
Category: FAH News
FAH and its company leaders are strongly represented on the just released 2018 “100 Most Influential People in Healthcare” list from Modern Healthcare. The annual ranking is a collaboration between the magazine’s senior editors and readers. After a nomination process, readers pick their favorites from a preliminary ballot of 300. The final rankings take into account vote totals and input from the senior editors.
Modern Healthcare has selected six FAH leaders for their 2018 list:
- #14 – Milton Johnson, Chairman and CEO, HCA, Nashville, TN
- #33 – Chip Kahn, President and CEO, Federation of American Hospitals, Washington, DC
- #38 – William Carpenter, Chairman and CEO, LifePoint Health, Brentwood, TN
- #63 – Alan Miller, Chairman and CEO, Universal Health Services, King of Prussia, PA
- #73 – Wayne Smith, Chairman and CEO, Community Health Systems, Franklin, TN
- #89 – Mark Tarr, President and CEO, Encompass Health, Birmingham, AL
Chip Kahn is one of only three people who have appeared on the list since its inception in 2003. Modern Healthcare said he “continues to be one of the hospital industry’s most prominent advocates in Washington, D.C.”
You can see the 2018 list in its entirety here.
Congratulations to all of the leaders honored this year.
- FAH Comments on CY 2019 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
- FAH Comments on Senators Grassley and Durbin Drug Pricing Amendment
- Modern Healthcare Honors FAH’s Chip Kahn, Several Members on Annual “100 Most Influential” List
- LifePoint Health’s National Quality Program Featured in Peer Reviewed Journal