March 12, 2018 | FAH Policy Blog Team
Category: Insurance, Legislation
FAH joined a coalition in asking Congress to pass bipartisan market stabilization legislation. The group is made up of organizations that either provide health care or coverage to hundreds of millions of Americans
“We are writing to urge you to move forward with bipartisan legislation to reduce premiums, improve affordability, and improve the individual health insurance market. We ask that you include this legislation in the omnibus appropriations bill that Congress needs to act upon by March 23.”
The letter points out that Americans would most benefit from two critical elements:
• Establishing a premium reduction/reinsurance program to help cover the costs of people with significant health care needs.
• Providing multi-year funding for cost-sharing reduction (CSR) benefits.
The letter, which can be found here, was signed by FAH, AHA, America’s Health Insurance Plans, American Academy of Family Physicians, American Benefits Council, American Medical Association, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, and U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- FAH Comments on CY 2019 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
- FAH Comments on Senators Grassley and Durbin Drug Pricing Amendment
- Modern Healthcare Honors FAH’s Chip Kahn, Several Members on Annual “100 Most Influential” List
- LifePoint Health’s National Quality Program Featured in Peer Reviewed Journal